Friday, May 8, 2009

a mere 15 hours in Milly

My best friend, Kristina, is graduating this Saturday, and I can't go to celebrate with her then... so I went down there for a quick visit last night! I was only there for about 15 hours before I had to drive back to ATL...

Wednesday, I left town in the pouring rain and in a little traffic - but nothing like I thought it would be. I get to Milledgeville around 5 and have dinner with Kristina and Annie before we go out for the night. Bar hopping, pitchers of beer, Firefly & sours (a new fav), lots of dancing, girl talk, new friends, more dancing, and Huddle House at 2am = a pretty great night! We got back to Kristina's apartment, I failed to change into pajamas, and woke up at 7:25 from my alarm going off (that I don't remember setting)... chapstick in one hand, phone in the other, still in my dress, and slightly disoriented.

I was in the car at 8am and heading back to ATL to be at work by 11. I stopped at a gas station in Madison to get something to drink. I came out of the bathroom and there were literally 50+ old ladies in the tiny bathroom and making a line out the door; I got the vibe it was a church retreat or something... making me feel worse about my obvious hangover, lol. I go to pay, and it keeps saying I'm entering the wrong pin... when I notice the card (that's identicle to mine) I'm swiping says Daniel P. Cenna instead of Amy G. Moore - wtf?! I call Kristina and she says that guy was at one of the bars we went to... the bartender must have switched them up somehow. Ugh.

Luckily I got to work on time, but I was basically a walking zombie the entire time I was there. And I didn't get to take a nap today like I had planned, so I'm running on a combined 7 hours of sleep over the last two nights and spent the day with a crazy hangover and headache. But I'd do it all over again in a heart beat! :)

1 comment: